InmatesPlus.com is your direct link to the free inmate locators for the Department of Corrections websites. This website will save you time and confusion by going directly to a link where you can look up information on the inmates. Some states will show a photo, crimes committed, length of sentence,
inmate age, sex, race, release dates, and more while some state will give very little information. To start simply click on the state you want to search. Then you will be able to go directly to their inmate locator. There will also be links to free inmate locators for the county jails of each state.
Federal Inmate Locator
Note: Federal inmates numbers will have this format:
five numbers - dash and then three numbers
Have you Ever Considered writing to an inmate?
Every day, over two million prison inmates sit in their cells waiting for the mail to arrive. For many, letters and packages are their only contact with the outside world and their only reminder that there is more to life than
what they experience in prison. Many of these prisoners will be left empty-handed when the mail is delivered because they have no one who takes the time to keep in touch with them.
If you could sit down and talk with them, you'd find that many of these male and female inmates desire penpals to communicate with. They need a connection with life outside the prison walls. It's too easy to
lose hope inside a prison cell. Having a pen pal can help inmates make the change that keeps them out of prison in the future.
If you'd like to become pen pals with an inmate we suggest meet-an-inmate.com. Since 1998, meet-an-inmate.com has connected people on the outside with inmates who need a friend.
Benefits for Inmates
Men and women who are incarcerated can benefit enormously from becoming pen pals with people on the outside. A few top benefits include:
· Ward Off Alienation - It's easy to become alienated from society while behind bars. An occasional letter from someone on the outside can keep that from happening.
· Improve Social Skills - Inmates are more likely to successfully reintegrate into society when they are able to maintain and improve their social skills with folks from the outside. Becoming prison pen pals is an
excellent way to do that.
· Reduce the Risk of Returning to Prison - Prisoners who maintain relationships with people outside of prison are less likely to return in the future.
· A Bright Spot in a Dull Day - Inmates are elated when they learn that mail has arrived. It helps eliminate the monotony that inevitably goes along with being incarcerated and helps time pass more
Benefits for You
Male and female prisoners aren't the only ones who benefit from participating with Meet-an-Inmate.com. Benefits that you'll enjoy
· Being a Positive Influence - Becoming a pen pal to a prisoner is a great opportunity to set a positive example.
· Giving the Gift of Hope - It's amazing how a small amount of communication with the outside world can improve a prisoner's outlook on life.
· Being a Motivational Presence - Your letters are sure to motivate and encourage your pen pal and remind him that he truly deserves a second chance.
Benefits for Society
Finally, locating and communicating with a pen pal through Meet-an-Inmate.com actually benefits society as well. Your efforts could very well be the difference between someone going out and changing his
life or ending up back in prison. Male and female inmates desire pen pals, and connecting with them is sure to bring about positive results in the long run.
Before You Begin
Thousands of people communicate with prison pen pals through online personals. It's generally a safe and enjoyable thing to do, but you need to be practical. Overly trusting people are occasionally scammed by inmates. When sending a letter to an inmate for the first time, include nothing more than your letter and a few photos. Different
jails and prisons have different regulations. After becoming familiar with the rules of an inmate's particular prison, you may be able to include additional items with your letters.
Thousands of male and female prisoners are waiting to hear from you. Get started right this
Click on the meet-an-inmate.com banner below.